Sunday, March 29, 2015

Recipes I'd like to try from the River Cottage Veg Cookbook

My parents kindly bought us Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's River Cottage Veg Every Day recipe book for Christmas (excellent, recommended) and I want to take advantage of this lovely book to broaden my repertoire a little.



I've learned that if I don't plan at least a little what I'm cooking, I tend to fall back on my usual five to ten recipes I know back-to-front and always have the ingredients for at home. And it would be nice to have some more variation.

So, here are some things I'm contemplating cooking (subject to family veto). Not all of the recipes are included on the River Cottage website, so I've included sample links to other sites, just to give you the idea. 

Spinach & new potato curry

North African butternut squash and chick-pea stew

Pasta with new potatoes, green beans and pesto

Macaroni peas

Baby carrot and broad bean risotto

Vegetable biryani

Swede speltotto

Courgette and rice filo pie

Pinto bean chilli

Oven roasted ratatouille

1 comment:

  1. Update - since then I've had a crack at the Macaroni Peas, a ratatouille (albeit not the HFW recipe) and a veggie sausage casserole. So we're doing ok on this front. :)

    ReplyDelete