Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Fit For The Planet Part 2 - Lichfield 10K

Having ran 5K at Chasewater earlier this year, I'd set my sights on levelling up to 10K. So last Sunday I ran the Lichfield 10K with a couple of friends.

I completed the course in 1 hour and 27 seconds. This was by default a new personal best, in as much as I'd never ran 10K before, but was also more or less what I was aiming for. 

This is me sprinting to the line, discovering I did have something left in the tank after all.

As with the 5K, I used it as a opportunity to raise a little pin money for a charity close to my heart - Friend of the Earth - and was gratified to get donations in the order of £145 + Gift Aid from friends, family and work colleagues.

That means so far this year, together we've raised upwards of £400 for environmental campaigning. Not bad for a side-project!

Once again, a big thank you to everyone who supported me. I really appreciated the back-up and it did make me feel that I had to do it. Once I get running, I enjoy it - it's getting me to do it in the first place that needs a little incentivisation. :)

Thanks also to running buddies Ben and Nick, all the marshalls and race organisers, as well as all the Lichfield people who stood outside their houses to clap and cheer everyone on.

And extra-special thanks to my wife who sold me on the idea of running in the first place and took home a happy but exhausted Tim at the end of the race.

If you'd like to make a post-run donation, you can do so here.

No comments:

Post a Comment